The Countess' Cedar Gown and Top Hat Christmas Decoration - Completed



Top hat in Autumn 2012
To change the top hat's colour from craft paper beige to red I used red tissue paper torn up in pieces no bigger than 3"x 3" and pasted them all over using a paint brush and a 50/50 mixture of white glue and water.


All the ornamentations I had already.


18th century wig autumn 2011
For this year's wig, I used red fabric petals instead of paper. It kind of looks like a rubber bathing cap at this point, but with the hat on, it looks good and it keeps the hat from sliding on the glass.


Note the bold rectangle faceted jewellery - very Cartier.


Done!

Unfortunately, the Countess lost her head during the French revolution, which is why she comes to me in two parts, but you can imagine that she would strike a dashing figure entering a room with this outfit.
I think she is truly the spirit of Christmas.

Wishing you a lovely holiday time.